Amazing! Thanks to everyone’s enthusiasm, Dustcovery sold out over 2 weeks in advance of the event! WOW! And volunteer signups have been exemplary as well, thank you! There are still some areas looking for vollies, check out the website blog or pinned post in the Fb event page for callouts.
Guess what!? The Producers have negotiated with the venue, and we will now have access to a portion of the mezzanine! Which means… we can increase our capacity. Happy dance, indeed!
We will be releasing 100 more tickets on Monday November 12 at 1pm PST. We expect these will go very quickly, judging by the number of ticket seekers posting on the Fb event page.
So get ready to purchase your tickets, tell your friends, check the TICKET PAGE on the website & and refresh the Eventbrite page at 1pm Monday to see the available tickets.
TICKET TRANSFERS: read info at http://dustcovery.gvias.org/tickets2018/
To be mindful of others looking to buy or sell tickets, PLEASE DELETE your post on the FB event page once you’re sorted!
10 days to go!
Dustcovery Production Team
Hello everyone. Andi Candi here, your Dustcovery producer for this year, with a little info for you! Please take the time to quickly read through.
Securing this venue and the permits to have this event in Vancouver has been somewhat of an arduous process. I am excited that we get to have a decompression event downtown and it would be great to be able to do it again!
I am asking each and every one of you who will be attending to be good stewards of the space, to respect our neighbours around the venue and to help one another to be accountable to our 10 Principles.
There are a few guidelines we need to follow:
1) No gum, lasers, weapons of any kind or outside alcohol is allowed to enter the venue.
You might ask, “Why no gum?” That’s because this venue is carpeted.
Also, bag searches will be happening. Conduct yourselves accordingly.
2) There is a ZERO tolerance for visible drug taking. If security sees you partaking you will be ejected from the event immediately.
3) There is no smoking or vaping inside the building. Period. There will be a designated smoking area outside.
4) Please respect the neighbours who live nearby when you are outdoors or leaving the event. We don’t want a noise complaint to shut us down.
5) We encourage you to bring a reusable water container. It must be empty when you arrive. There will be water jugs on the bars to refill your water.
Let’s all have an awesome time and help each other to be good stewards!
– Chewing gum or super sticky candy (the floor is carpeted!)
– Weapons (of any sort)
– Lasers (leave that to us)
– Outside alcohol (we have plenty inside)
– Drugs (just don’t)
– Drink containers… these are fine but please empty before entering
– ABSOLUTELY no smoking or vaping inside the venue (smoking area is outside)
– No alcohol outside
– ZERO tolerance for drug taking
Seriously, if you are seen to be disregarding any of these rules/restrictions you will be ejected IMMEDIATELY… and that sucks!
Dustcovery 2018 Producer
Hey everyone – I am in need of several volunteers for Dustcovery Parking.
I have 2 types of shifts to be filled:
Loading bay Pre/Post event – involves directing artists to the loading area and free parking lot. This role will be daytime before and the day after the event; perfect for those not wanting to miss a single minute of Dustcovery action. BONUS! If you are working the early shifts, and driving, you will have dibs at the limited free parking.
Event Parking – these roles are during the event but EARLY (7:45 – 11pm). We are going to place ourselves in strategic areas to provide our friends direc
tions to where they can find parking, entrances, bike parking, Modo and Evo parking or just wave to them as they climb out of their taxi!
But it’s outside! It might be cold! It might Rain!! I hear you and I got you covered! If you lend me your body wrapped in your best November outdoors gear, I will make sure you have hot beverages to warm your insides and hands during your shift.
Also don’t forget:
Your hours from volunteering from this year’s events (BitF 2
018, Dustcovery 2018, & Recharge 2019) count towards one of two ways to get tickets for BitF 2019: 1) for 4-19 hours you get access to the volunteer Advanced Ticket Sal
e which is a first come, first served pool of tickets reserved for volunteers, or 2) over 19 hours will get you access to your very own Directed (assured) ticket.
To get in on the easiest volunteer shift you’ve ever had go to
and tell them how much you want to be part of the parking crew.
Thanks in advance!
Dustcovery 2018 Parking Lead
You bought your ticket ? Good !
You have a LED Hoop or Poi or Fans ? Great !
You like to be on the spotlight high up on stage ? Awesome !
I also need (semi professional) Dancers (about 4, all gender)
Contact us at email@example.com
xo Adeline & Lauren
Your Dustcovery 2018 Volunteer Co-Leads
ARTISTS!! Dustcovery DEADLINE approaching
We are looking for FUN, INTERACTIVE pieces to fill our incredible new space at the plaza of nations Vancouver!!
If you wish to bring your art, please follow the link below to the GVIAS website complete the application form at:
Submissions are due by MONDAY NOV 5th!!! Please feel free to contact me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: you MUST buy / have a ticket to the event!
As of yesterday, we were down to 55 tix left!
Kristen Huskins & Kyle Almond
Art Placement Co-Leads
Calling all you sleep-deprived, hungover, and generally miserable Rainbows & Robots! TEARDOWN/LNT is looking for a few more heroic volunteers to help out on post-Dustcovery Sunday morning from 10am-3pm. Let’s share around the ibuprofen, chug some coffee, and get it done!
Sign up to volunteer on the website: http://dustcovery.gvias.org/participate/volunteer/
xo Lauren & Adeline
your Dustcovery 2018 Volunteer Co-Leads
GVIAS and the GVIAS Art Grant Committee are pleased to announce that 21 projects are receiving a total of $5,468 of funding to help them bring their art to Dustcovery!
Brian P on behalf of the GVIAS Art Grant Committee
NOTE: All projects need to apply to the Dustcovery Placement Team Leads for inclusion at the event! You can still apply to bring non-GVIAS funded art & projects, deadline is Monday Nov 5th.
Are you excited yet? Our production team sure is! We are busy bees getting everything planned for you to have an amazing decompression.
WE NEED YOU!
The beautiful thing about burner events are that they are co-created by every single person who attends – artists who bring their art, theme camps who bring fun activities, DJs, performers, volunteers and participants who wear costumes, bring their enthusiasm and sense of wonder.
As the producer, I have a few asks:
1) Does anyone have the expertise to bring projections? There is a gorgeous ceiling “tunnel’ that runs through the main area of the venue that is 2 very tall stories high. It is perfect for projections! Please PM me.
2) I need 2 “bathroom fairies”. We like to provide some extras in the bathrooms like hairspray, bobby pins, mints, mouthwash, etc. I need 2 people who are willing to replenish the supplies 3 times throughout the evening. This will only take about 15 minute each time. Please PM me if this is something you can do.
3) Consider volunteering! It’s fun, you get to meet new people and contribute to the event. Go here: http://dustcovery.gvias.org/participate/volunteer/
4) If you have artistic lighting installations, we want them! Please PM me.
2018 Dustcovery Producer
Don’t have your ticket yet? We are at 75% capacity! We expect a sellout is imminent.
If you’re thinking of coming, please buy your tickets asap!
Tell your friends to read the info & blog on the website, especially the ones who’ve never been to a burner event, and always say they want to, or those you know aren’t paying attention:
[Oh… but I didn’t know it was going to sell out!?] … [I didn’t see any posts about it!].